ftp install problems
  • From: "Craig Sampson" <craig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:38:34 +0800
Hi List Folks,

I went to the effort of ftping (or rather rsyncing) the 7.2 distro
because I have several machines here not all with CDROM so I thought
a local ftp install might be the right thing to do.

I've got mainly generic ISA Ne2000 cards in these machines, and I am
having problems. The i386 boot disk and the default boot disk give
me unresolved symbol errors when trying to insmod the ne.o module.

I've tried the updated i386 and default boot disks and the problem
is the same.

After searching dejanews for quite a while I found a post by someone
with a similar problem who suggested using the 7.1 boot disks
instead. I did this and the NIC module loads fine, however, after
connecting to the local ftp server, downloading a small bunch of
files, yast tries to fire up and fails. The 'loader bar' completes,
but it stays at 100% and doesnt move any further along the install
process. Eventually something times out and I get an install error.

Anyone got any hints? Perhaps I should install 7.1 then upgrade to
7.2?

Craig

  • No further messages