Re: [SLE] Very strange hardware problem
  • From: david.garnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 20:48:18 +0200 (MEST)
I have exactly the same problem with my new box:
Mb Asus A7M266 with the last version of the Bios
512Mb DDR Crucial Registered ECC
Athlon 1Ghz
Video SiS 6326 PCI

Everything else seems irrelevant because the problem appears even with
everything else unplugged (and with two different video cards, one PCI, one
AGP).

In short, when I turn the box on, it actually boots only one in 3 times
(usually). I can reboot it and it works fine. Rock stable (been running Win98
for two weeks without crashing).

One idea: when I turn it on and it doesn't boot, I had to keep pushing the
power button for more than 4 seconds to actually turn it off. Pushing the
button once doesn't stop it. When it boots normally, the button works OK.
I think it might be a problem with the power management system.

What Bios do you have? I have an Award Bios.

Best regards,
David Garnier