Re: [SLE] code red question....
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:09:21 -0400
** Reply to message from Gideon Hallett <diogenes@xxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:24:21 +0000

** Nonetheless, it's interesting reading.
**
** I've had 272 probes today alone; many of them from other cable modem users
** within my ISP's network. It gives you an idea of how much care your local ISP
** takes over their broadband security.

as a "sort of" update.. local news report just said folks w/ Cisco DSL
modems are finding they get shut off by code REd2 ( apparently code red
updated by someone) It seems CR2 thinks Cisco DSL modems re "webservers"

afterthought: 12 out of 10 schizophrenics agree