ALSA stuff
  • From: Emiliano Grilli <emilianog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:38:20 +0200
Hi all,

I have a midiman DiO 2448, a sound card which provides 2 digital INs and 2
digital OUTs, and a monitor analog out (ALSA module "cmipci").
I was running SuSE 7.1 with ALSA 0.5.10 and upgraded to ALSA 0.5.11 with no
problems. Now I upgraded to SuSE 7.2 and the card works fine except for a
thing that I don't understand.
Now the s/pdif input is listed (with arecord -l) as device #2 , instead of
being #0 as was before the upgrade.
However, it works fine (i.e. with arecord -d2) but the majority of audio
application assume that you record with device #0 (i.e. broadcast2000).

Now, the question is:
There is a way to change the numbering of ALSA devices without losing my
head?

Another question:
I have also an onboard sound card which I like to use for MIDI; it is
possible to use the two cards at the same time? How can I do this?

TIA

e-millo

< Previous Next >