Re: [SLE] Arrggghhh Linux is such a joy not - install of 4.1 part II
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 14:12:16 -0400
"Briggs, N. - Neil -" wrote:

> Well here I am again, trying to install 4.1 which I think has worked
> correctly. Problem is my applications are not working any more, other than
> KDE based apps. The binaries and installtation procedure I downloaded from
> the Xfree site and choose the 4.1 binaries.

I had a problem similar to yours a while ago. I had gotten the link for
downloading from the SuSE website. It turns out that in the paragraph
with the link, there are two different places you can click on. One
takes you to another part of the SuSE site, the other to the XFree site.
You want the one that takes you to the other part of the SuSE site.

Hope that helps.

Paul