Re: [SLE] Graphical boot vs screensavers vs energy savers
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:45:42 -0500

> You might want to disable power saving, just to see if it is this that is
> causing the problem. The best fix though is to upgrade to newer technology
> -- ie. ReiserFS, and forego that long bootup after a power outage.

Let me second that, ReiserFS is a great technology well worth switching
over to. I might add that the fear of journaling file systems has really
become unwarranted as of late. It was interesting to note the other day that
while KDE Dot News was down, they switched over to ext3 (another JFS) from
standard ext2 partitions. It really shows that journalling file systems are
ready for prime time - even on really busy servers!

-Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Free/Open Source Web Tools: http://www.uninetsolutions.com