Re: [SLE] 7.2 Install successful, but every boot fails.
  • From: "Argentium G. Tiger" <agtiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:01:36 -0500
At 21:51 08/01/2001, naurgrim@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think you might be able to fix this with something like:

disk=/dev/sda
bios=0x80

in your lilo.conf global section. Can you bring the system up by booting from
CD and selecting "boot installed system"?

Hrm... tried that, no luck. I think it has something to do with a missing
/var/lib/modules matching set of modules for the kernel I installed (SMP
2.4 based).

I'm going to flip back to my 7.1 Pro CD's and see how the machine takes
an install using that method. If it goes a lot easier, I think I'll stick
with 7.1 for now. 7.2 was just an experiment I wanted to try out tonight.

Many thanks for the help,
Argentium