Re: [SLE] 7.2 Install locks up during hardware detection
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <kuhlmav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:08:26 +1200 (NZST)
> 'manual' at the bootprompt. (Or choose it in the Lilo menu)
>
> Then later on it will ask you if you want to use Yast 1 or 2

This won't help as it still uses the same kernel + modules, if the problem
is that the usb module crashes on load. I got a dereferenced null pointer
for a missing usb interrupt. As far as I remember the manual method will
also run the hardware auto-detection, the panic will then just be a
little later as with the boot-from-cd-1 method.

Volker

< Previous Next >