Re: [SLE] NIC trouble...quickly reaching the last straw with Suse
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 12:08:51 -0400
Ron Sinclair wrote:

> My Suse experience is now turning uglier.

> I'm at a loss here and after weeks of reading up and triple checking to make
> sure I've not forgotten anything, I'm again burned out with Suse. This is
> crazy.
>
> HELP!

I can understand your frustration, since I've been there myself. But I
don't think it's quite fair to blame SuSE for a problem with a very
particular configuration, particularly when you haven't been able to
diagnose the problem yet. You seem already to have done some work with
fault isolation, for instance by seeing what works in Windows as a way of
ruling out hardware problems. What might be useful would be to find out
if anyone else here has hardware similar to yours and if they've had the
same problems. You're more likely to get a useful response if you put
the question that way than if you post a long history (though sometimes
the long history strikes a responsive chord somewhere).

Paul