RE: [SLE] telnet
  • From: Raul Gutierrez Segales <oxford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:40:52 -0400 (PYT)

> it worked, buddies.
>
> For the records, another little problem solved with your help!

I would suggest you to take a look at openssh, just post if you have any
problems cause with telnet your passwords go all the way like open text.
Anybody running a packet sniffer in a router or network between your house
and your office could manage to get your password. Now, I don't know how
often this happens and how trivial it is for home users
but........precautions can prevent security problems. Plus ssh (openssh)
cause encryption which will make (I think) things go smoother.

Hope this is a useful piece of advice,
Raúl
Raul Gutierrez Segales
oxford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx