Having trouble sending mail as non-root user: What are the groups mail and maildrop for?
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:03:10 -0500
Howdy,

I'm having trouble with pine. It works fine as root, but for other users it doesn't actually send mail, it just locks up. I'm afraid it might be a permissions thing with something besides pine it's self - more like with postfix. Anyone had similar troubles? I seem to remember running into this once before in the way distant past, but don't know how I got around it.

Anyway, I see that there's a group "mail" and a group "maildrop" , does that have anything to do with it?

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com

< Previous Next >