RE: [SLE] Setting up a CD-RW after the fact
  • From: "Alvaro A. Novo" <alvaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:17:25 -0500
Just a quick question: I've got a IDE CD-RW I'd like to install onto my
(already installed) SuSE 7.1 system, and when I started poking around for
documentation, it looks like maybe the only way to burn a CD is to set up
ide-scsi emulation. This rather surprises me: cant' the apps, or the kernel for
that matter, just recognize an IDE burner?

Do you have Pro or Personal 7.1? Pro has documentation on
how to setup a IDE CD-R(W). There's only a note: it's not
/sbin/init.d/ but /etc/init.d/, as the directory structure
changed from 7.0 to 7.1

Hope it helps,

Alvaro A. Novo

  • No further messages