WINS lookup over DNS???
  • From: Daniel Scheibli <scheibd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 18:01:33 +0200 (MEST)
Hi everyone,

I am looking for an daemon that looks like an DNS server
but instead of doing an lookup against the DNS database
he does an WINS lookup?

The reason for this is the following scenario:

We have WIN NT/2000 desktops which are spread over several
domains (subsidarys). They get there IP over DHCP, mapping
from hostname to IP is done over WINS :-(
The lookup doesn't work over domain borders (maybe it is
possible, but it isn't given). My idear was to build up this
"DNS to WINS gateway" in our main domain, so that the people
from the subsidarys can lookup the IP over this DNS.

Hope anyone understands this and of course has a solution ;-)

Thanks in advance

Yours
Daniel

--
Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

http://www.gmx.net

  • No further messages