Re: [SLE] Resolved -- KDE 2.1.1 crashes on start
  • From: Corvin Russell <corvinr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 04:27:37 -0400

The key was to rebuild the truetype directory and delete all *fon
fonts from it. After doing this I basically followed Nadeem Hassan's
anti-aliasing FAQ. This resolved the problem. It appears that the
ftp.suse.com KDE2 upgrade directory's qt-experimental is NOT even
necessary for anti-aliasing. If you install qt and qt-extensions it
will work -- it's working for me right now.

Incidentally, KDE 2.1.1 is a significant improvement on KDE 2.1
performance-wise. Lots of annoying bugs have been fixed.

Corvin