Re: [SLE] NVIDIA drivers (again!) and unresolved symbols
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:40:11 -0700
The script is only if you wish to use OpenGL to do 3D games and
screensavers..and the like. If you don't do that. It's cool.

BTW..I did what Paul asked and yep it went wanky with KDM..but then
again because I never use it and probably never will it's not an issue.

My advice would be to get some people together to write nVidia about
this..document the problems and talk to them. The driver is closed
source and if you look at the package list for 7.2..the NVIDIA packages
are dummy packages and point you to installing nVidia's packages off
their site because SuSE doesn't want to take the heat for them. I have
heard that other distributions are taking the same appoach.

Regards,

* Herman Knief (herman@xxxxxxxxx) [010530 19:43]:
->Even without Ben's script... I've had no issues with the drivers. I am
->running SuSE's 2.4.2 kernel and simply dowloaded the source RPMs from
->nvidia... did a rpm -- rebuild and installed. No problems.
->

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx