[SLE] Windows/Linux is bumming me out
  • From: Chris M Miller <cmmiller73@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 20:14:08 -0500

Ok. First thing, there was a guy name Jonathan on this list who was
trying to help me re-install X. Well, on my dual boot machine (Windows
2000 Pro./SuSE 7.0), something has happened to the boot table(?), so I
can't boot into Windows to use my ISP. Right now, I'm limping along on
one of my old machines. I get the IRQ list, and then nothing. I think I
can still boot into SuSE, but I have some data on the Windows drive that
I would like to rescue thru Linux. If I can get my X working again, I
could use XRoast to burn it to a cdrom and then I would have to reload
both Windows/Linux cause after more than a year I am still not
comfortable using Linux.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot/advice on this, a round of drinks will
be in order, especially for Jonthan.

thanks,

-Chris Miller