Re: [SLE] Windowmanagers with xFree 4.0.3
On Wednesday 30 May 2001 14:57, you wrote:
> The wm_list file on the ftp site is supposed to do this for you (As I
> understand it) and info is contained on the appropiate readme.
>
> Ambrosius
>
> >I have downloaded and installed (with rpm -Uvh) the xFree 4.0.3 updates
> > for SuSE 7.1. Trouble is, having done that the only WM I can start
> > eithere manually or via KDM ie KDE (I have 2.1.2). It was OK before I
> > changed to the
> >new xFree.
> >
> >Can somebody tell me where to start looking to put this right ?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Mike

Hi there!
I had similar problem , when I updated XFree version .... ,my problem was
Xsession script which was also updated to a default one,hence I couldnot log
on to anything else but Kde and Gnome and I use Xfce wm.After reinstaling
backed up copy of Xsession everything is back to normal.You did back up your
previous Xfree setting and directories,did you?
Read Howto`s XFree updating.
See ya Alan