KDE 2.1.1 crashes on start
  • From: Corvin Russell <corvinr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:10:24 -0400
OK, I have fixed the problem with dcopserver not starting. The
problem is that in the KDE 2.1.1 update folder the qt-experimental
version will NOT work with KDE 2.1.1. It should be
qt-experimental-2.3.0 but for some reason they have put
qt-experimental-2.2.3. The correct version is available from
ftp.kde.org.

However, now that that is fixed, when I start KDE I get crash warnings
like the following:

KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: application name: ksplash path = <unknown>

etc. for ksplash, knotify, kinternet, ksmserver. Then KDE crashes
completely and exits.

Any hints? Nothing was turned up in any searches.

TIA

Corvin

--
Corvin Russell <corvinr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>