Re: [SLE] Not Real
On Wednesday 30 May 2001 08:40 am, Jason Corcoran wrote:
> Its only free after you pay for the OS. :o)
>
> On Wednesday 30 May 2001 13:15, Matthew Stringer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anyone know of a way to recieve a Windows Media Stream on a Linux
> > machine?
> >
> > As Real (server) is so expensive it is loosing ground to Microsoft fast!
> >
> > It looks to me like MS is doing to Real the same as they did to Netscape,
> > bring out a similar product and give it away for free.
> >
> > Matt

Or just make a copy of a friend's CD, or just borrow it, or however else you
get it for free.

Now that M$ is going to make "getting it for free" so difficult in WinXP,
hopefully we'll see the same scenario happen with Linux -- people will use
what they can get for free! :-)

Have a great day!
-Steven

< Previous Next >