Re: [SLE] date
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 May 2001 18:31:12 +0200
Dee McKinney <deem@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Raul Gutierrez Segales <oxford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > can I change the date of my system from the console or only changing the
> > bios will take effect.

/bin/date changes the system time, /sbin/hwclock changes the BIOS
(CMOS) time. (Changes to the system time are lost when the system is
rebooted.) See also the GMT variable in /etc/rc.config.

> I had to figure this out myself as I posted this question with
> no response :)

Sometimes, it is very difficult to understand the question. When the
traffic is high, some people skip messages which aren't quite clear.

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx