Re: [SLE] [OT] More info about Windows XP's new Activation scheme
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:36:13 -0400
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Sorry I don't have the URL this came from.
> >wouldn't you think? "Here at Microsoft, we have great products, but
> >before you invest, you really ought to know that three out of four
> >people who use our products don't actually pay for them." Shouldn't that
> >information be in the company's annual report or Securities and Exchange
> >Commission (SEC) filings?

I have question related to this and I would like to hear a few other
comments. Does this seem reasonable to you? While there are some
who would pirate at almost any price, do you think that if these
figures are really true, why not drastically cut the price to induce
marginally honest users to actually buy software? I bet that they
would get a lot more customers at a lower price with less pirating.

Damon Register