Installation prob (hangs)
  • From: Simon Detheridge <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:10:11 +0100
Installed SuSE 7.1 on several PCs, all OK.

Insalled on one, and the following happens :
Install proceeds quite successfully, right up to the point where SuSEconfig runs. This is okay, and then I get prompted "do you want to see the installation logging". Once I click on 'no', (or 'yes' and then 'OK'), nothing happens. YaST is still there, but it dosen't do anything and the computer does not get restarted.

Have tried leaving it overnight and still nothing.

If I reset the box, it just returns me to the point where I can set my video card settings, and the same thing happens again.

Have tried both 'Install all packages' install, and just the 'default' install.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Detheridge