Re: [SLE] what is this all about
On Monday 28 May 2001 23:10, you wrote:
> I get this message at boot time:
>
> -----------------
> <4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> <4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

I have been getting the same error. It was directly linked to a bad IDE
cable. The drive was fine to begin with, but one of my IDE cables decided
that it had had enough and quit working. The HD made some interesting noises
and the computer locked up. I replaced the cable, but the problem did not go
away. I have even tried wiping everything off the drive that was producing
the error, doing a low level format, fdisk and a full reinstall. The error
still popped up. I resorted to just turning dma off for that drive. So far
I have not had any further problems.

C.

< Previous Next >