Re: what is this all about
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 14:44:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 28 May 2001, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:

rs> I think that if I disable dma (hdparm -d0 /dev/hda3) I can solve my
rs> problem (which is very bugging) but the thing is that I would have to run
rs> hdparm every time I boot up. Any ideas an doing it automatically (I am
rs> quite new to boot scripts and know almost nothing about them)? Another
rs> important fact is that I have no to dma(or udma) in my rc.config.
rs>

Try the following

hdparm -k 1 /dev/hda

the -k option will save the changes you've made to the drive parameters,
thus saving you from changing them on your next restart.

rs> Thanks,
rs> Raul
rs>
rs>

--
S.Toms - smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18

The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be
broken.

< Previous Next >