Re: [SLE] Gnome 1.4 SuSE packages..still in fine form.
Yes! As a newbie attracted to Linux the main reason was to leave behind, as
much as possible, the corporate attitudes related to making decisions for me
(ya know - like M$ windblows). I choose linux A) because it entailed a
degree of freedom for me, and B) because the high degree of choice and setup
options it presented. Like I said anybody should feel that choosing a WM is
about using an interface that makes them the most comfortable and allows them
the best environment for that specific person. It shouldn't entail some
tacit or covert choosing of sides in a developers debate. I don't care too
much about the politics of the developers, I care more about stability and
functionality. I don't like felling like a pawn, whether intentionally or
unintentionally, in a WM conflict. I do like SuSE by in large. I don't like
surprises that end up creating a lot of problems that I was trying to avoid.
Remember, I'm a newbie and not experienced enough to be able to resurrect my
sys after it gets to a certain point. In time I will learn - but the Gnome
experience was a harsh lesson, at least for this newbie.

Cheers. Curtis Rey