Problem with Mail
  • From: "Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D." <smolnar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 08:58:43 -0400
I know that I'm missing something really simple, but it's been a couple
of years and I don't remember how to set up fetchmail. IO'm using KDE2
on SuSE v7.1 and want to use TkRat as my e-mail tool (There seem to be a
couple of problems with KMail and I don't feel like fighting with it).

I don't have any problem with logging on to my ISP and KMail will
retrieve mail from the server. When I run fetchmail I get the
following:

bash-2.04# fetchmail -k
3 messages for smolnar at jadeinc.com (7706 octets).
reading message 1 of 3 (3632 octets) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failefetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from jadeinc.com
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)
bash-2.04# jast
bash: jast: command not found
bash-2.04# yast
bash-2.04# yast
bash-2.04# fetchmail -k
3 messages for smolnar at jadeinc.com (7706 octets).
reading message 1 of 3 (3632 octets) .fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from jadeinc.com
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

It's probably very simple, but what as I missing?

Thanks in advance

  • No further messages