Re: [SLE] Gnome 1.4 SuSE packages..still in fine form.
  • From: Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 00:31:24 -0500
Hi Curtis:

No accusation intended. I really suspect the nVIDIA drivers for a
lot of this. I know Ben is using nVIDIA. I am using nv. My GNOME
desktop functions pretty good. However I use GMC and Sawfish. I am
most interested in these problems as I believe these massive
downloads of 80 Mb or more, to redo desktops are flawed. I really
think these rpm's have to be installed in a specific order. Also
these over the wire installs are not as good as as these the
integrated install that is performed at the initial install. My
reasoning is that many writers to the list have lamented the
deficiencies of upgrades rather than a fresh install. Well a
downloaded desktop is a kind of upgrade. It too should be prone to
the same difficulties as a regular upgrade.

--
Cheers,

Jonathan

< Previous Next >