RE: [SLE] New Kylix price
  • From: "Stuart Powell" <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 10:22:19 -0500
Hello, Paul.

Kylix is Borland's new Rapid Application Development (RAD) product for
Linux. It is very much akin to their Delphi product in the Windows world.
It allows developers to write apps using the same language on different
platforms. This means that applications developed using either Kylix or
Delphi can be quickly and easily ported between Windows and Linux or Linux
and Windows.

The huge upside to this is that applications can be developed for both
platforms simultaneously, thereby increasing the number of apps out there
that can be offered on both platforms. I'm sure you can appreciate how many
arguments this might avoid.

Check it out here if you like http://www.borland.com/kylix/.

Don't consider yourself ignorant, merely less well informed than you could
be :-)

Bye for now,
Stuart.