Re: [SLE] crypting file system
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 12:13:51 -0500
At 11:51 AM 5/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>The only things that I've been able to come up with is ppdd and BestCrypt.
>PPDD is an open source project, but seems to be very behind in the kernels
>(no 2.4 yet available). BestCrypt offers the source code, but is a "for pay"
>product, and what I'm using now. They have a FAQ section on how to set it up
>so that user's home directories are encrypted and they are asked for their
>passphrase at boot up, etc.
>
>Check out BestCrypt at http://www.jetico.com

There are others, I can't think of their names at the moment though. I know there's StegFS which uses a sort of stenography to hide files, but that's probably not what you're looking for. You probably should look somewhere like www.linuxsecurity.com, securityportal.com or securityfocus.com for more info.

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com

< Previous Next >