MIrroring of Updates...
  • From: "Harold !" <ambrosius1972@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 21:09:01 -0500
I recall that recently some messages were exchanged regarding mirroring of a ftp site to a local directory... I have a question;

When you are updating your systems from a local (mirrored) source, how are you doing this? I've tried yast ans yast2 but each fails with a statement that it cannot "find" the files... I'm anxious to resolve this issue. I've posted on this list twice and emailed isupport with no help. I've gone through the "Configuration" and "Handbook" which basically tells me to update system librabries I should boot from the boot disks or the cd and substitute update in place of install. However this fails with the same message. Is this simply a directory structure issue? I'd like to burn this updates to a cd.

Sorry to be a nag, but I really need to re-install and update properly as I'm getting complications...

ThanX in advance;
Ambrosius