Re: [SLE] kde-config not found error
On Thursday 24 May 2001 16:06, Anders Johansson wrote:

> > with this error message:
> > -----------------------------
> > checking for kde-config... not found
> > configure: error: The important program kde-config was not found!
> > Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.
> > -----------------------------

> Hm. I have no kde-config in share/config. If it's an executable, it should
> be in /opt/kde2/bin. If it's a text file, I don't know what it is. Did you
> install kde from source?

I have done a clean 7.1 install, and am using KDE 2.0.1... out of the box as
shipped by SuSE. kde-config is a text file that looks like this:
----------------------------------
kde_htmldir='${prefix}/share/doc/HTML'
kde_appsdir='${prefix}/share/applnk'
kde_icondir='${prefix}/share/icons'
kde_sounddir='${prefix}/share/sounds'
kde_datadir='${prefix}/share/apps'
kde_locale='${prefix}/share/locale'
kde_confdir='${prefix}/share/config'
kde_mimedir='${prefix}/share/mimelnk'
kde_wallpaperdir='${prefix}/share/wallpapers'
kde_templatesdir='${prefix}/share/templates'
kde_bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
kde_servicesdir='${prefix}/share/services'
kde_servicetypesdir='${prefix}/share/servicetypes'
prefix='/opt/kde2'
exec_prefix='${prefix}'

>From what I have been able to dig up from various web searches, it seems to
be a shortcut file that can be used by install programs so they don't have to
go find all these paths/variables... they can just use them as given in the
kde.config file.

I copied it into /opt/kde2/bin and /opt/kde/bin just to see if it would help
any... same error is generated.

A bit puzzled
Clayton

< Previous Next >