SuSE Linux 7.1 Sparc - price, experience
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 May 2001 13:23:54 +0200
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying SuSE Linux 7.1 for Sparc, but its price (EUR
159, http://www.suse.de/en/produkte/susesoft/sparc/index.html) is
extremely high compared to other editions (EUR 50 for Alpha or
PowerPC, https://ssl.suse.de/en/bestellung/index.html). Is the price
really so high?

Is there a list of known problems for Linux on the Sparc platform?
(Mainly concerning the integration of the Linux box into an existing
Solaris 8 environment with NFS shared home directories, NIS,
automounter, ...). I've just downloaded and installed the FTP
version. In general, it works, but I haven't done any tests yet.

--
Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx

  • No further messages