Re: [SLE] Memory mismatch
  • From: "Harold !" <ambrosius1972@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 02:44:39 -0500

I would suggest running the RAM tester (available at the Boot menu). THe only tiem I encountered this problem was when I did in fact have a memory problem. (Simm wasn't rated for ras/cas 2 at 133MHz). I don't mean to alarm ya, but better safe than sorry eh?

Ambrosius

Thanks!

The output now reads:

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 130660 44004 86656 0 6000 16632
-/+ buffers/cache: 21372 109288
Swap: 136512 0 136512

I assuming this is all cool now. No chance that there still isn't the extra
64MB (for some bizzare reason) and Lilo now just behaves like there is? Can
I specifically ping each RAM chip to test?

Peter