Re: [SLE] UT fails to start
Try this: Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"

And set DefaultDepth to 16 bit, seems to help.

Mine is set up like this in X

Section "Device"
BoardName "GeForce 2 MX"
BusID "1:0:0"
Driver "nvidia"
Identifier "NV AGP"
Screen 0
VendorName "Nvidia"
Videoram 32768
# DacSpeed 350
Option "NvAGP" "1"
Option "FastVram"
Option "Accel" "On"
Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
EndSection

Also Make sure there are some entries in the
UnrealTournament.ini file for both the regular one in the System dir of UT
and the one in <your home dir>/.loki/System.  I got these from both nvidia
and lokigames.  Check these out:

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice

[SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=1
UseGammaExtension=0
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=1
OpenGLLibName=/usr/lib/GL/libGL.so.1.0.1251.nv_glx

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=1
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=0
UseS3TC=1
OpenGLLibName=/usr/lib/GL/libGL.so.1.0.1251.nv_glx
Although the look of the drivers is very nice and KDE loads faster and
operates smoother, the drivers don't appear to be optimized - look for the
next release to kick arse.