Re: [SLE] Where's the best place to put a command that needs to be run at boot time?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 22:45:06 +0200
Hi,

Yes, boot.local is run before the runlevel scripts. What you want is to
create a runlevel script. name it ntpdate for instance, and put it in
/etc/rc.d. Then make a symlink /etc/rc.d/rcX.d/S##ntpdate, where X is the
runlevel you're using, and ## is a number greater than that of network. This
will make it run after the network is started.

Another way is to use xntpd. It should already have a runlevel script, but
otoh you'd have to configure it.

HTH
Anders