Re: [SLE] Common Criteria and ITSEC
  • From: Stefano Papini <stefano.papini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:34:00 +0100
Hi Tom,
the steps towards CC or ITSEC standards have beeb made in all Europe
independently from a specific politic "color" (at least, it is not only
an only italian issue).
I gave a look at http://www.commoncriteria.org/, and this is a good
starting point, I guess.
I agree on the nonsense on sw licenses (for who knows italian situation
SIAE history is really a shame).
It's not a pb. of Linux only, is a real legal attack (undoubtely heavily
sponsored by end user sw tycoon) to "Free Software", in advantage of who
wants to limit free software diffusion (so basicly to limit freedom).

Anyway, thanks for feedback.
Cheers,

Stefano