Re: [SLE] Win vs. Lin [was] [SLE] Resolution
I've been using Linux since July of 2000 and I still consider my self a
newbie. Linux distro's come with so many programs and apps that I don't
think I've even started to understand a 10th of what's there.

The point is that I've used windows for about 7-8 years and "the only"
advantage to using Windows is that the vast majority of programs are writing
for that piece of crap. I have had windows just hose it's self out of the
blue (ya, know - BSOD). The only time that Linux has been hosed is when I do
something to cause it - it doesn't die unless "i" kill it. As with Ben, the
only thing I use Windows for is to play games. And, If Loki and the other
game developers make more games for Linux then Bill can kiss my A$$.
It will be very interesting to see the state of Linux in 5 years.

Think about windows five years.ago. Win3.x was a sluggish piece of crap and
then W95 came out - computers took off and software development exploded.
Now sales of Windows OS' are on a slow and steady decline and Alternative OS'
such as Linux are making steady gains. Governemts and businesses are
starting to ditch M$ base products and going open source (the U.S has started
to run Linux in a vast array of departments[can you say NASA], German gov has
outlawed M$ on official and military systems and enterprise is finally seeing
the light). Once the software developers start to support Linux in mass there
will be no more sh^tty OS to suck money and keep the public from experiencing
truely <empty clipboard>inovative and financially sound computing.

Learn how it works from the ground up, before it's gets all the GUI
interfaces that the common user needs - Stay Ahead Of The Curve. Read, Ask,
And Answer.
And yes Ben is right - Lately I've been doling out more help then I've been
needing questions answered! If you can graduate from school then Linux is
just a simple study project - No Sweat, Just a bit of effort at first :)

< Previous Next >