Re: [SLE] /tmp getting very big
  • From: dieter <dieter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 16:34:37 +0200 (CEST)

# cat ARCHIVES.gz |gunzip |grep -i tmpwatch |most
---> ./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: Name : tmpwatch
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: Summary : Watches file system activity,
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: Description :
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: A common shortcoming of programs is how they
treat data and files in temporary or holding areas. Many people have
been silently exploiting many of these problems for some time now.
The tool opens the directory specified and continuously reads the
contents. Upon first read it spits out the list that it has built (it
attempts an ls -l style output). From that point on it shows any additions
or deletions that it sees prefaced with '+' or '-' accordingly.
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: SuSE series: sec
^^^

./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: -rwx------ root root 406576 Mar
1 15:35 /usr/sbin/temp-watch
./suse/sec2/tmpwatch.rpm: drwxr-xr-x root root 4096 Mar
1 15:35 /usr/share/doc/packages/tmpwatch

--
dieter