Re: [SLE] OT: Capturing output for MP3's
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:05:14 +0200
"Timothy R.Butler" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I was wondering if I could get any tips for creating MP3's in Linux from
> the output of the soundcard. I found some songs I was looking for at the
> legal music site Launch.com, but I wanted to store them as MP3's rather than
> RealVideo files.
> I also have a wav file recording from Microsoft's Windowsmedia.com site
> that I would like to convert to MP3 to shrink the size...
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Tim,

I use lame to convert from wav to mp3. works well. But it is not -as far
as I know- on the SuSE CDs. mpg123 converts mp3 to wav (back onto CD
with cdrecord).
One of the german mags had an article about that, I would need to look
it up, there are also scripts to turn CD's into mp3 and vice versa,
using the named tools.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __