Re: [SLE] multiple startproc
  • From: Hans Fangohr <fangohr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:11:12 +0100 (BST)
> I'm creating a suseified rpm/srpm complete with initscripts and
> rc.config entries for portsentry, but have run into a problem with the
> initscript itself. I can't find and way to launch 2 startprocs on it, for
> example
> startproc $PORTSENTRY -stcp
> startproc $PORTSENTRY -sudp
>
> because of the way startproc looks for the full command name to determine
> if it's already running. Anyone know a workaround or alternative which
> enables me to still use startproc.
If you are using a version of startproc that is recent enough (for example
the one coming with SuSE 7.1, then you have a new option "-f" which forces
start of a process, even if one with that name exists already.

Be careful though, there is a switch -f in older versions, but it has
another meaning (and takes one parameter). It has been renamed to -p in
the newer version.

Hope that helps,

Hans

> --
> S.Toms - smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
> SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18
>
> Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from
> acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
> -- W. Somerset Maugham
>

> --

Hans Fangohr

High Performance Computing Group
Department of Electronics and Computer Science
Building 59, Level 3, Room 3237
and
Quantum and Functional Matter Group
Department of Physics and Astronomy