/dev/dsp is gone....
  • From: "S. Smith" <butch@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:14:18 -0700
I am running 7.1 -
I was trying to configure an audio program (just can't remember which one)
when it complained that /dev/dsp is not there. I am postitive that is was
there in the past. I was able to cat *.wav >> /dev/dsp with no problem at my
initial set-up.

Also sound in kde2.1.1 is OK so I assume KDE uses it's own sound drivers.
Where does /dev/dsp come from? How can I rebuild it or should it be linked
to something else?

Unfortunately I am not sitting at my Linux box so my configuration
information is scarce.

  • No further messages