Disk Space
  • From: "Dallam Wych" <dallam_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:00:22 -0000
Hi All,
I will try to make this as brief as possible. I haven't been using linux but for about a month now. I put SuSE 7.1 personal on my old 100mhz 1.2 gb hhd machine. One of the first things I did was to invest in two good books for newbies...Running Linux and Linux Complete. Together with the manuals that came with SuSE 7.1 they have been a great help.
Now here is my dilema. After carefully going through my system I have picked and chosen what to keep and what to uninstall in the way of apps. I don't have the room for four different editors, three different cd players etc. At the end of it all I only have 136mb of free space, so about 86% of my disc is full and I read that it shouldn't go over 90%. So here is a question I need answering: Since I have two computers and internet access, is there any reason (other than perhaps the inconvenience) that I can't unistall SuSE help, etc. I have the manuals, I have the refernce books and I have access online to the SuSE site.
Would appreciate your imput.
Thanks,
Dallam