Re: [SLE] Alternative to 'hwinfo' for scsi
  • From: Stephen Johnston <sjohnsto@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:23:22 +0200
Hi

It detects some info but not enough for us to generate a unique disk id

e.g.

07: SCSI 07.0: 10600 Disk
[Created at scsi.219]
Unique ID: 2iaG.lUMFubggCe5
Vendor: "3ware"
Model: "3w-xxxx"
Revision: "1.0"
Serial ID: ""
Device File: /dev/sdd
Size: 80418241 sectors a 512 bytes
Geometry (Logical): CHS 5005/255/63

Question is where is the unique id here got from, the o/s at boot time
like '-i' in hdparm or like '-I' in hdparm (ie from the bios of the
disk)

TIA

S.