Re: [SLE] Turnpike.
On Monday 14 May 2001 07:13 am, Geoff Bagley wrote:
> Although much of my computing is now on my SuSE Linux 7.1, I still have
> to keep a Window98 machine running for my e-mail. It runs Turnpike.
>
> Turnpike is an excellent user friendly, stable e-mail package. The
> down-side is that it is delaying the deletion of W98.
>
> Does anyone out there know of a Turnpike look-alike for Linux ?
> I suppose WINE might be one solution.
> Regards.

I went out to their website and cannot find any pictures of what Turnpike
looks like... that's one thing that has always bothered me about commercial
software; they usually don't post pictures of the app!

Oh well, sorry, can't help you find a good replacement if I don't know what
I'm trying to replace *lol*

Have you looked at the latest KMail (comes with KDE2) or Balsa (Gnome based,
get at http://www.balsa.net/main.html) clients? They are very very good
clients! There is also a new "Outlook2000" type client coming out (without
the bloat and horrible security problems of OL2k) for KDE2 called Aethera (at
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/aethera/?dhtml_ok=0), and for Gnome called
Evolution (at http://www.ximian.com/apps/evolution.php3). Take a look at
those as well.

Hopefully you find something in those apps that does it for you.

Good luck, and take care,
-Steven