Re: [SLE] Memory Leaks
  • From: "Donald E. Stidwell" <stidwell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:13:10 -0400
On Sunday 13 May 2001 16:13, Gary A. Garibaldi wrote:
> Has anyone noticed a memory leak in Kernel 2.4.2. Just upgraded to 256megs
> and still using the swap file. I didn't think that would happen unless I
> ran a bunch of programs at the same time.

I've noticed this on all kernels I've used with any Linux distro. I have 256
megs on my main box as well and it seems that some swap is _always_ used. I
believe this is normal behaviour because of the Linux memory model (someone
else is welcome to correct/expand on this - my knowledge of this area is
pretty sketchy). However, use of swap seems to be minimal if you have
sufficient RAM.

Don