Attention new users! [Was] Re: [SLE] traffic on the list
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:47:39 -0700
Well, this list is like a group of friends...something like Cheers. When
you come in they scream your name and bring you into the fold. It's
always been like this. There is a lot of technical talk (shop talk),
personal talk, arguements..etc. It's a very community list, not just a
help list. It's been like this since the day I joined this list almost
3.5 years ago. It probably won't be changing anytime soon because if it
did change then it would loose it's charm and the ability to be such a
great place to pose questions. When your into this list and talking
about SuSE Linux you learn a lot, but you do put up with something
things. It's a bit like asking Grandpa for advice...you have to hear the
story first before you get the info your looking for...and I personally
wouldn't change a thing. It's just how is. It's why we use procmail ;)

Fond Regards,

* Terence McCarthy (saki@xxxxxxxxx) [010513 09:33]: