fetchmail help
  • From: Cory Steers <cory.steers.gmu9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:55:42 -0500
I'm trying to read my 3 email accounts into 1 local user account on
my SuSe 7.0 box. I have in /etc/aliases:

email1: localuser
email2: localuser
email3: localuser

Then my localuser's .fetchmailrc file looks like so:

poll mail.isp.com with proto POP3 username email1 and wants mda
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f %F %T"
poll mail.isp.com with proto POP3 username email2 and wants mda
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f %F %T"
poll mail.isp.com with proto POP3 username email3 and wants mda
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -f $F $T"

My problem is that sometimes I get sendmail errors on either the
email3, or email2 and email3, accounts. Of course occasionally they all
work. I don't have the exact error in front of me, but it's sendmail
complaining about requiring the -f option to be used. I thought I was
specifying the "-f" option. I believe my sendmail.cf file is ultimately
calling procmail, but maybe I should just call procmail directly from
.fetchmairc. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,
Cory