Re: [SLE] Starting MYSQLD on boot time
On Friday 11 May 2001 01:18, Konstantin (Kastus) Shchuka wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 03:31:29PM +0200, Julien Biezemans wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm trying to have the mysql server loaded on boot time for 3 days but
> > just can't make it working properly. I created a script called mysqld
> > based on skeleton (/etc/init.d/skeleton) set everything right. Created a
> > symbolic link within /sbin called "mysqld" and pointing to
> > /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld.
>
> Why don't you base your script on /usr/sbin/mysqld ?

I think I killed the original /use/sbin/mysqld, or there was none :)

> > I pass to it the correct pid file argument (-> /var/run/mysqld.pid). When
> > the mysqld script is loaded with the "start" argument, it loads correctly
> > the deamon but reports a failure. Then when I try to stop the deamon, it
> > cannot find the correct process and the mysql server keeps running.
> >
> > I found, within the MySQL documentation some stuffs (not quite clear)
> > about the mysql.server script. It runs okay, but I don't know if it is
> > possible to implement this script in the boot system.
> >
> > After configuring mysqld in /etc/init.d, I loaded 'insserv mysqld' which
> > didn't report any error, added the line START_MYSQLD to /etc/rc.config
> > then loaded SuSEconfig which worked right too.
> >
> > Note that the START_MYSQLD I added to /etc/rc.config is properly
> > understood when booting, but reports a deamon load failure (but the
> > deamon is actually loaded).
> >
> > System informations:
> >
> > SuSE 7.1 K2.4.0
> > MySQL 3.23.37 (installed from the tarball sources into /usr/local/mysql)
> >
> > I really need to configure this quickly, thank you for your help! :)
>
> What specific new features from 3.23.37 do you need? If 3.23.23 is enough,
> just install the package from 7.1 CDs.

None, I just had some problems running mysql installed from the CD, but I
think I'll install it back again, it seems to be better... Anyway the
difficulty to create a script to load a deamon at startup is a bit boring.. :)

Thank you,
Bye!

Ju.

> You may also try to build an rpm using spec file from mysql-3.23.33-4
>
> -Kastus
>
> > Ju.

< Previous Next >