LILO boot order on LILO diskette
  • From: "Peter B. Van Campen" <pbvanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:05:55 -0500
Greetings to SuSEers,

I have two SuSE 7.1 systems; one has LILO on the MBR
of HD, the other has NT4 so LILO created a LILO Boot
diskette. I have been able to re-arrange the order
of boot choices on the LILO graphical screen on the
LILO on HD MBR system as shown on the SDB ( edit
/etc/lilo.conf, then issue 'lilo' from cmd line).
But when I re-arrange the choices on the diskette
sys and rerun lilo the boot screen is in the old
order. I must assume that there is something on the
lilo diskette that must be changed to re-arrange the
boot order. However I am unable to mount the lilo
diskette, the sys error says "you must specify the
filesystem"; but this is from a "mount /floppy" cmd
issued from console. I CAN mount msdos diskettes w/o
error.
Can any one help me understand what I need to do to
change the order of boot choices on this system?

Thanks ................... PeterB

--
Peter B.Van Campen

< Previous Next >