DVI files
  • From: "Darrell Nobles" <speaker_2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 12:29:44
I have a question about the DVI files in the 7.1- doc/Books dir. I try to open them with the DVI viewer and get a message regarding the bitmaps unable to display, and no files viewed-no pages from the books or images on one or two lines.

I can go to the directory and see all the files, and seems like there are two files- one tar.gz and the .dvi file.
Do I need to untar the files for install, or have a bad dvi viewer?

Sorry newbiw question- looking to open books on the Linux Doc Project an read more on using Linux, but can't open the books.

Thanks

Darrell